Kinect Capital Careers
Join our staff to advance entrepreneurship and fostering the creation of groundbreaking industry leaders. These positions are currently open and are accepting applicants.
Posted September 10, 2023
Reports To: Board of Trustees
Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Starting Date: October 1, 2023
Objectives of this role
Work closely with board members and committees to assess and address issues affecting the organization.
Oversee daily operations of the organization, providing executive direction for program strategies and efficiencies, financial management, compliance, and quality assurance.
Identify and address staffing requirements for efficient operations and maintain a strong work culture that attracts and retains people while driving the organization’s mission.
Increase awareness of the organization by being the main spokesperson and liaison with local media.
Facilitate and encourage active board and volunteer committee members and programs that enhance and support the work of the organization.
Develop an actionable plan for fundraising and managing monthly cash flow.
Comply with all national and local regulations.
- Create business plans for achieving goals and objectives set in collaboration with the board of trustees.
- Meet aggressive annual fundraising goals, in partnership with board, by securing financial support from foundations, corporations, individual donors, and government funding sources.
- Prepare accurate and timely analyses that capture and communicate fundraising results, variances, and performance trends.
- Work with staff and board on annual fundraising benefit and additional events, and oversee all external communications, including website, marketing collateral, newsletters, and social media.
- Serve as the face of the organization and participate in external events to increase visibility, credibility, and market brand, and develop strategic partnerships to further increase community awareness and expand programs.
- Build and lead an effective team that’s dedicated to fulfilling the organization’s mission through highly successful programs, community engagement, and fundraising.
- Provide leadership to and management of the efforts of site staff to ensure appropriate support of all departments.
- Manage staff members and clients whose experiences, cultures, and languages reflect the community served by the organization.
- Lead efforts on forecasting and accounting policies, procedures, and operational reporting/metrics.
- Coordinate and lead annual budget reviews, monthly and quarterly reviews, and periodic forecast updates.
- Retain a diverse, highly qualified staff and volunteers by providing career coaching, growth, and personal development for workers.
- Ensure that services and funding relationships are robust enough to meet or exceed strategic goals and objectives.
- Volunteer, sponsor, entrepreneur, capital provider, or participant experience within the Kinect Capital ecosystem is highly regarded.
- Significant executive experience (non-profit knowledge and experience helpful)
- Strong business acumen with proven leadership ability and strategic mindset
- Understanding of entrepreneurship and fundraising process
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong financial management background
- Highly organized
- Ability to generate and analyze data
- Proven track record of fundraising from various stakeholders
- College degree preferred
The application window is closed.
You will hear from Tara Spalding, Interim CEO shortly to review your application.
Please be prepared to communicate your involvement (at any capacity) you’ve had in Kinect Capital’s ecosystem, and what you’ve learned from it, how you’ve contributed to Kinect’s vision, and what value you’ve received.
The interview process will be with the Kinect team and board members. Please submit your application before September 25.
About Kinect Capital
Established in 1983 as an educational 501(c)3 non-profit, Kinect Capital is dedicated to advancing entrepreneurship and fostering the creation of groundbreaking industry leaders. Their mission is to empower emerging entrepreneurs, especially those from diverse backgrounds, in establishing sustainable and innovative companies that generate high-quality jobs and drive new economic opportunities, particularly in underserved regions of the US. Kinect Capital’s initiatives and programs guide companies towards becoming fundable entities, devising strategic funding approaches, and facilitating connections with investment and banking communities.