Kinect Essentials: Funding Sources
Experts Jaquelynne (Petro) Elliott, Silicon Valley Bank: JB Henriksen, Ampleo: Rick Haskell, Westminster; and Chandana Haque, Altitude Lab. Moderated by Tara Spalding, Kinect Capital
Understand the difference between debt, equity, and non-dilutive sources, implications to the capital use of funds and each repayment expectations.
How to Choose the Right Startup Funding Sources
Tara Spalding, Kinect Capital
Learn about capital accessibility and funding sources to grow businesses. Tara Spalding of Kinect Capital teaches participants on startup capital types such as dilutive, non-dilutive, and debt based options according to company performance, maturity and preference.
Family Office Venture Investing, Equity and Debt Panel
With strong historical venture capital returns, over the last few years Family Offices have been wading into the venture ecosystem. Hear from our expert panel on where the investment opportunities lie, and how best to capitalize on early-stage investment opportunities in both debt and equity.
Presenters: Marcia Nelson, Managing Director and President of Family Office Division, Freedom Capital Markets, and Chairman of the Board, Kinect Capital, Katherine Hill Ritchie, Senior Director of TEDCO Venture Funds; David Nielson, Kensingon Stern; Lawrence Jatsek, Founder, Tria Family Office; Grace Lovret, Franger LLC.
Grant, Credits, and Foundation Capital Panel
The Grant, Credits, and Foundation Capital can help companies securely grow their business.This panel of capital experts explore non-dilutive resources provided by the private and public sectors and tell you what to expect in 2023.
Presenters: Chris Badger – NOW CFO, Dan Hemmert – Hemmco, LLC, Shawn Marchant – Tanner, Ginger Harris – B10 Capital, and Linda Cabrales – Governor’s Office of Economic Opportunity.
Non-Dilutive Capital Sources Panel
Are you looking to raise capital without sacrificing ownership or control of your company? This panel is taking a deep dive into non-dilutive funding options, such as grants, loans, and revenue-based financing which can be a great alternative to traditional venture capital or angel investments.
Presenters: Kevin Learned – Sage Growth Capital, Karol Patterson: Mountainland Association of Governments, Don MacMillan – U.S. Small Business Administration, Bill Kirth – Rectify Partners, and David Stahl – Hillcrest Bank.
Funding Education Resources
Hillcrest recently won SBA’s 2023 Colorado Top 7a Impact Lender of the Year and SBA’s Utah Top 504 Third Party Lender in 2023. Their employees actively engage, mentor and advise the Kinect Capital community.
Complete the Raising Capital Overview lesson through Kinect Capital’s EdApp. Learn about the differences between dilutive, non-dilutive, and debt based transactions, what to expect when working with these different providers, and assess which is most applicable for your business
- 20% OFF first-year
- Waived $500 Implementation Fee
- White-glove onboarding where we work with you to build a world-class, custom financial model for your company
- Dedicated financial analyst support
- FREE listing on Forecastr’s INVESTOR CONNECT platform ($500 value)
Why Our Customers Love Forecastr
- Custom financial model built in Forecastr
- Dedicated financial expert assigned to every customer
- Ability to easily understand, present and maintain your financial model
- Expert guidance and support to prepare you for investors
- Guardrails that prevent you from ‘breaking’ the financial model and accidentally using misinformation
- Confidence in accurate up-to-date data from direct integrations to your other business solutions (QBO, Gusto, Stripe, etc.)
- Quarterly investor reports and Board presentation slides
- Forecastr’s INVESTOR CONNECT: Exposure to 160+ active early-stage investors